Sunday 30 January 2011

Assignment One - Man Made Objects


This is my first sketch of ideas for man made objects. I'm very happy with my chosen items and felt I should  now have the capabilities to draw the reflective surfaces and glass beads given the fact this had been studied earlier in the course. 


The composition looked good from the first angle I looked at.
I do feel I pushed myself with the shape of the box and the angel of the resting lid but I didn't want to choose anything too safe and not push myself.  


Practice with colour and tone
On this page I experimented with mediums, colours, tones and drawing the chain. I could use the end of a piece of willow charcoal to give round chains or more of an impression of links by drawing squiggly lines. 
Coloured pencil and hatching give a very nice quality to the objects but I'm not comfortable with that precise style and love the effects of the soft pastels which will also be useful for fast coverage of a larger A2 piece of work.
More practice with mediums
More practice with mediums. I love the coverage of charcoal and soft pastels but also like the more precise marks that can be made with charcoal pencil, although these are still quite bold.
I like the black and grey together and I will use these for my final piece.
I tried looking and drawing different angels but still like my first composition.
Small version of final piece
Coloured pencil and hatching give a very nice quality to the objects but I'm not comfortable with that precise style and love the effects of the soft pastels which will also be useful for fast coverage of a larger A2 piece of work.












I'm very happy with the small version of my finished piece.


And my finished piece of work. A2 pastel paper with grey soft pastel and black charcoal.  

No comments:

Post a Comment