Wednesday 17 November 2010

Supermarket Shop

For this exercise I took items from my kitchen cupboard. I first drew them in pencil and added colour pencil.

I am happy with the overall out come but could make many improvements.

It was difficult getting the correct shades with the coloured pencils I own and will now be looking to expand my range. I did use some water colour pencil in an attempt to get more shades.

I had problems making the objects look grounded. Shading the background helped.


The proportions in the drawing seem correct. The size and shape of the objects also look correct in relation to each other.

The overall distance beween the objects seems to be in correct proportions.

Better shading would have given a more solid look to the packaging which I did'nt find easy with coloured pencils.

I did feel I created a feeling of depth in my drawing although improvements could have been made. For example, drawing a background would added something to the image along with shadows from the objects.

No comments:

Post a Comment