Saturday 24 December 2011

Angular Perspective

The exercise asked for me to draw a row of buildings from a corner, so I stood on the pavement of a sharp bend close to my home. 
Once at home I drew my eye level and lines to see how accurate my angles were. I am happy with the lines from the left hand side, which I drew in green pencil. They all seem to meet in the one space as it should directly at my eye level where I was standing. The other side I show with red pencil. These lines are not very good at all. Although I'm not sure which angles I should have been following as the road and buildings seem to curve. 
In reflection, after revisiting the space from where I drew the picture, I am happy with the overall result. The old houses are not in a straight line and bending round a corner. Should I redo this exercise I would select a different corner from which to draw. 

No comments:

Post a Comment