Sunday 18 December 2011

Parallel Perspective - an interior view

For this exercise I had to select an interior view from room to room to draw and check the vanishing points of my drawing.
I drew from my kitchen to my bathroom as this gave me a range of lines of a door frame, the open door, tiles on the flooring running into the bathroom and tiles on the bathroom wall. 
I could not stand exactly square on as these was another door frame next to me in the way. I did not realise until later how this very slight angle would affect the angel of the vanishing point which I drew in later with red lines. 
No rubbers or rules allowed for this exercise, not as scary as it would have been a few months ago. My lines are not as straight as I would like and need some practice. My eye level was two thirds the way up the door frame and I was standing level with the right hand third section of the doorway.
When checking the lines in comparison of what I was looking at I was quite happy with the results and did not feel that I needed to redraw any parts other than the tile line on the right of the floor to take the vanishing point to my eye level. 

No comments:

Post a Comment