Sunday 19 February 2012

Drawing Figures. Check and Log

Doing the quick poses were good for me as I like to work quickly without much time to worry about the rights and wrongs of my picture. I enjoy figure drawing and like to work on larger paper when drawing the whole body. The five minute sketches were maybe a little to short but the ten minute poses allowed time to add a little detail with the facial features and muscles. 
Looking back over my last few exercises it is apparent that I have not got the proportions right mainly with the legs and any foreshortening.  
This is an subject I enjoy and want so much to improve and get right. I already own a few books with guidance for anatomy drawing and I intend to make good use of these during this section of the course. Below are practise drawings taken from a magazine, a photo of myself, a quick opportunity to draw my partner whilst he was surfing the net and one of my books. 
I copied a page demonstrating the male and female figure proportions. I found this very useful as it made me look closely at the gender differences and the size of the head and legs. It is much clearer to me now of some of where I have been going wrong. 
Copied from a magazine Gillian Anderson
Copied from pages of Anatomy for Artist by Barrington Barber



Copied from pages of Anatomy for Artist by Barrington Barber 

My partner and myself, a bit of practice

No comments:

Post a Comment