Sunday 5 February 2012

Project Drawing Trees - Check and log

Looking over the drawings in this section I have drawn 5 different types of trees, some with detail whilst others have been in the background drawn more as a silhouette. 
Each tree has its own shape and bark texture. As this section has been done mid winter, all the trees used had no or very little foliage. 
The lighting was dull and not much shadow was cast. The under side of the branches were in shadow and I shaded this with pencil, used thicker pen marks or a darker colour with the soft pastels.
Some of my simplification was done too much in extreme, as with the pastel drawing. Even though I wanted to give the less defined detail and feeling to show they are in the background I could have afford to give more to the detailing. I also moved trees around from the view to give a more pleasing balance.

No comments:

Post a Comment