Friday 3 December 2010

In the style of Patrick Caulfield

I spent some time researching Patrick Caulfield's work to enable me to produce a piece of work in his style. I choose to use A4 sketching paper and coloured charcoal for my picture of a jug. I wanted to draw shadows under where the handle would be to give a feeling of depth within the negative shape and inverted the shadow to give an illusion of 3 dimensions to my 2 dimension drawing.
I will be repeating this exercise at a later date, as I would like to try this style again but with other mediums such as acrylic paints.
The following pictures Reserved Table, 2000 (acrylic on canvas) by Caulfield, Patrick (1936-2005)taken from www.bridgemaneduation.com influenced me in the above drawing.



Reserved Table, 2000 (acrylic on canvas)
Caulfield, Patrick (1936-2005)
Pallant House Gallery, Chichester, UK



Lantern (screenprint) by Caulfield, Patrick (1936-2005)Lantern (screenprint)
Caulfield, Patrick (1936-2005)
St. Mary's Hospital Paddington, Art...
PAD 344270

No comments:

Post a Comment