Sunday 15 May 2011

Project Still Life

 Still Life:


Watercolour pencil and pencil on heavy A3 watercolour paper.
Still life group using line:


Marker pen, Ink and Ink wash on heavy A3 watercolour paper.
Still life group using tone:

Soft pastels on A3 pastel paper. 















Check and log:


Still life: I rearly enjoyed doing this peice, although looking at it now I can see the angels are not quite right and the shadows on the wall on the right hand side of the picture could have been more fluid. In reflection I wouldn't have hesitated as I did and work at more speed which would have solved the problem of this and some of the lines created when washing the pencil. I liked marking out the subjects and spreading the colour before giving a more defined edge with coloured pencil.


Still life in group using line: I liked the bold strong lines of the marker pen and couldn't resist using a strong coloured ink, and slightly weaker ink wash on this picture. I wanted to add some smaller lines, which I don't think worked, not looking like they belong. The sense of depth was created by overlapping the objects and adding lines. 


Still life using tone: I am happy with the overall outcome. The angles of the tiles could have been a lot straighter, but as the instruction for this piece I was concentrating on the tone. I would have liked a larger range of colours than is in my collection of pastels at this time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment