Wednesday 27 July 2011

Art in Action 2011

 I took a couple of days off work to visit Oxford for the Art In Action four days in July. I booked various practical classes and gained so much from the whole experience. 
Soft Pastels
I took this practical class as I thought I may learn
how to use this medium better than I had been. 

Neocolour II - Caran D'Ache
I found medium which is new to me. Artist Robin Gray was demonstrating these
water soluble oil pastels which you colour have a free trail. This is the result of my first
abstract fish. I do love the rich colours and the versatility of these crayons. Use them dry and add water or use them as a paint pallet, or just dry....fantastic!
They are now on my Christmas list. 

Paint on Silk
Another practical class which was fairly successful. I love the effect of rock salt left to marble the wet paint.
I may use this as an image for birthday cards.

Batik
I'm not so happy with the results of this practical class, although I'm sure I have learnt from the experience.
  
Print making - my first attempts
Not the best framing which was wet when placed in to a plastic sleeve and smudged. 
A special thank you to the OCA stand in the exhibitors market where I met Dee and Stephen. They were very helpful and gave met some great advice on my drawing course with OCA.



No comments:

Post a Comment