Thursday 28 July 2011

Assignment Two

Looking through the last few exercises I felt that I wanted to use oil pastels for my final piece in this section and looked for a new still life which would help to demonstrate the following:
1.   an understanding of the use of colour
2. an understanding of the most appropriate choice of medium for the subject and skill in using it
3. the ability to set an interesting composition
4. variety in mark-making, depth, contrast and tone
5. accuracy and a demonstrable understanding of form


The following sketches and colour experiments helped to make a final selection for my final piece. 
 

 

Final piece for assignment two. Still life in oil pastel on A2 pastel paper.
I am very pleased with the end result. The composition works well for me, the colours and shapes mirror each other and seem to work.
If there was one thing I would change, it would be the angle in which I sat to enable the horizontal line of the table to the wall to be straight across the page rather than being at an angle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment