Monday 7 November 2011

360 Degree Studies


I found this lesson very valuable.

The course book said to find a space where the view is unrestricted. Having had a lot of time wasted whilst I was trying to find my mojo again, I wanted to get on with the course. Time was short this week so I took a long lunch from my office desk and drew the local market square.


I did not know if this would work believing that I would be drawing market stalls and people in every direction, how wrong was I. 

Looking East there was part of a meat lorry and the wall of the bank. North as I regionally expected every area to show was a market stall selling food but a graveyard behind. South overlooked the bandstand, the market shed, a caged area with a folded trolley on top and stalls in the distance. West was dominated by a single stall with two customers stopped and looking at the goods. I even managed to capture a person walking past with a very quick sketch. 


Every inch of every view showed a different thing to draw either in the foreground or the background. I found myself looking at the buildings behind the market and the details in their architecture I had never taken any notice of before. 




No comments:

Post a Comment