Monday 7 November 2011

A Sketchbook Walk


For my sketchbook walk I visited my local park. 


The top sketch is an area which separates the open gardens and the animal petting area. With the sun sinning from the left the shadows were quite deep on the right hand side of the wall through the centre of the page. What attracted me to draw this area was the way the watering can was rested at an angle and the reflections on the dogs drinking bowl from the tap above. I worked only a few feet from the edge of the wall.


The next picture is of the closed cafe about 30 to 40 feet away from me. It was quite dark and mostly in the shade. I do think I could have been a little more generous with my pencil to show this darkness.

The first  the sketch is of a pathway over a small bridge the day was overcast and being near a large will tree everything was dark. The dense shrubbery looked easy to draw until I started trying to capture the details. The foreground was very close and in shadow. The mid section was in good light and the background dark again. I took the longest time over this picture only stopping after about 20 minutes or maybe a bit longer. 

The last sketch looking over the pond with some rocks in the center. Shaded areas all over due to the large trees. 

No comments:

Post a Comment